Potential full or part-time employment opportunities are available for people with experience as flight attendants, cruise line professionals, and travel agents. Candidates with experience in more than one area are preferred. We are very interested in speaking with individuals who have been involved in training or hiring of flight attendants, cruise line professionals, or travel agents. Please email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming part of The Travel Academy team.
Current Job Openings
1. Admissions Representative
Qualified candidates will:
• Have some sales and/or school admissions experience with a proven track record of growing conversions
• Live in the Twin Cities area
• Possess a dynamic & energetic personality able to excite prospective students and enroll them
Base salary plus competitive commission- earning potential for skilled salespeople is easily $50,000+. No cold calling- we have more leads than we can handle!
Please send a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are an exceptional fit for this important and rewarding position.
2. Travel Agent Instructor
JOB DESCRIPTION- The Travel Agent Instructor will:
• Teach Travel Theory using the textbook "ACCESS, Introduction to Travel and Tourism."
• Incorporate games and other activities to ensure student involvement and learning.
• Teach Geography including airport codes and USA and World geography.
• Teach SABRE using VIASINC- an online training tool.
• Keep track of grades.
• Be available if needed to help students after class.
• Perform other duties as necessary.
Hours- Class hours are from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM on select weekdays (approximately three days/week) with the possibility of additional days.
Teachers must arrive by 8:30 AM on teaching days. If no students need assistance after 3:30 PM and all preparation for the next day's lesson is complete, the travel agent instructor's hours would end at 3:30 PM. On recruiting session days, the travel agent instructor may need to arrive by 8:00 AM.
Class sessions run for 10 weeks with one to two weeks between each session.
• Have 4+ years of experience in the travel industry with 2+ years as a travel agent
• Be proficient in SABRE (WORLDSPAN also acceptable)
• Be flexible, dependable, and energetic
• Maintain a high level of patience when working with students
• Uphold a polished, professional, and conservative appearance at all times
• Have a sense of humor and a team player attitude
* Previous teaching/training experience is a big plus!
Please send a cover letter and résumé via email.