Thank you, veterans and families for your service!
The Travel Academy is proud to be approved by the Minnesota State Approving Agency for Veterans' education benefits. We have helped many people put their VA education benefits to excellent use and start new careers. There are so many jobs for veterans available in the travel industry, and we are committed to helping in any way we can. Below is a list of frequently asked questions about VA benefits and how they apply to The Travel Academy.
1. What programs do I qualify for?
*Students receiving GI Bill ® benefits are unable to attend our online class.
2. Can I stay in student housing?
Yes, you can! Your benefits may include a housing stipend. Stipends are determined on a case-by-case basis.
3. Whom can I contact with questions about GI Bill ® education benefits?
Click to read more about the GI Bill ®, who can use it, and what is covered- or call 1-888-GI-BILL (1-888-442-4551). You can also reference our convenient Veterans Benefits Table. Please note that this table is meant only as a guide and is not definitive for determining benefits.
4. What is the cost of tuition?
300-Hour Expanded Program
Total Tuition- $5,900
Enrollment Fee- $200
Remaining Tuition- $5,700
Total Tuition- $3,495
Enrollment Fee- $200
Remaining Tuition- $3,295
* The total enrollment includes, books, tests, and instruction. Student housing is an additional cost.
5. How do I apply for the GI Bill ®?
- Follow this link to apply to for VA education benefits.
- Apply online and be sure your application is submitted and your get a confirmation stamp (to verify it has been submitted, when you print a copy, you will see a confirmation stamp at the bottom of the page).
- If you have already applied online and have a certificate of eligibility please make a copy and forward it to our office.
- Fill out, sign, and return our Veteran’s Enrollment Certificate (click under "Available Downloads" on the left side of the screen).
* Please be aware that it takes on average 6-10 weeks for the VA to process your application and verify the benefits you qualify for.
6. What if I am not GI Bill ® -approved?
If you are turned down for your GI Bill ® benefits, we do offer in-house financing for our 120-Hour Overview. The 300-Hour Expanded Program offers a low-interest student loan called the Minnesota SELF Loan. (You do not need to be a Minnesota resident to qualify for this loan.)
7. What are my next steps after enrolling and applying for GI Bill ® benefits?
After enrolling at The Travel Academy and applying for GI Bill ® benefits, you should check the status of your application often. To check the status, log in to your account where you originally applied for GI Bill ® benefits.
Here are some helpful links for veterans and their families.
"GI Bill ®" is a registered trademark trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.