We want your time at The Travel Academy to be as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Our housing accommodations are second to none. Royal Oaks Apartments are located only 2.5 miles from the academy in beautiful Eagan- voted the 14th best city to live in by CNNMoney. We also have accommodations at beautiful Lemay Lake Apartments. With only four people in each spacious 2-Bed/2-Bath apartment, there is plenty of privacy- but also many opportunities to forge lifelong friendships with your roommates. And since everyone living with you is also a Travel Academy student, you will have three live-in study buddies!
Here are some important housing policies.
- Rent is $150 per week ($1,500 total). The balance for your total stay is due 60 days before your class start date.
- There is a $250 refundable housing security deposit. Refunds are issued within 30 days of move-out if the apartment is in the same condition as move-in. (There is a $60/hour per person charge for any additional required cleaning.)
- Complimentary Comcast cable & Wi-Fi internet
- Two bathrooms
- Full kitchen including pots, pans, plates, silverware, drinking ware, coffee maker, microwave, oven, stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher
- Dining room table & chairs
- Living room furniture including couch and chair(s)
- Twin beds. Choosing your bed and room is on a first-come-first-serve basis. (Rooms 4 students at a given time)
- Ample closet space
- Outdoor pool, grilling area, and fitness center
- Safe & secure entry
- Shopping, restaurants, and medical care within walking distance
- Unlimited parking is available in the parking lot at no additional cost. During the winter complimentary underground parking is available; one underground slot is available per apartment on a first-come-first-serve basis. We require a $100 refundable security deposit check, and this will be returned if we receive the remote back.
- Transportation is provided to and from school at predetermined times. You are not required to ride the transportation. Please note, if you do not arrive at your scheduled departure time, you are responsible for finding your way to the school.
* Not all apartments have the same amenities.
(For a complete list of housing policies, go to Available Downloads on the left side of the screen.)
Rent is $150 per week ($1,500) and is required to be prepaid within 60 days before your class start date. There can be up to 4 people in each apartment. You are not guaranteed your own apartment or your own personal room. The apartments are 2 Bedroom-2 Bath.
During your stay in the student housing, if there are any police calls or calls to the Resident Assistant that hold strong merit such as noise violations/loud parties, underage drinking, destroying of property, or any other situations against the student housing rules, each student in violation will be charged $100 per incident and you could be asked to vacate your apartment immediately. Students will automatically forfeit their security deposit if they are removed from the apartments. Students will only be removed from the apartments if violations of the student housing rules occur. The Travel Academy is strict on ensuring students are staying in a safe and secure environment allowing each student to feel at home. The Travel Academy encourages students to use their own professional discretion when participating in such activities, and encourages students to call the police in emergency situations. Students calling the police in an emergency situation will not be charged $100. Students will only be charged $100 for violations of the student housing rules. Our Resident Assistant patrols the housing area to ensure safety and rules are being followed.
An additional $250 for the security deposit is also required to hold your spot for student housing and held through the duration of your class. The security deposit is due 60 days before your class start date. The security deposit will be returned within 30 days from your graduation date, unless you remain in the student housing after graduation, as long as you leave your apartment in the same condition as you moved in.
If you remain in the student housing as a graduate and then move out, your security deposit will be returned within 30 days of your move out date as long as you leave your apartment in the same condition as you moved in. You must give the housing manager a 7 day notice when you plan to move out. The security deposit will only be returned if the apartment is in a "clean move-in ready condition". If the apartment is not in a "clean move-in ready" condition, a portion or all of your security deposit will not be returned, depending upon how much cleaning needs to be done.
Move-In & Move-Out | Student Arrivals
Our apartment staff will contact you several (2-4) weeks before your class start date to find out when you plan to arrive. Please make arrangements to arrive only between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM- Wednesday through Saturday the week before your class start date. If you arrive outside of these days and/or times, you are responsible for your own transportation and accommodations as well as scheduling an alternative pickup with our apartment staff. Please keep in mind that pickups will not happen on holidays.
If you are driving, a staff member will meet you at the apartments (during your scheduled time only) to assist with move-ins.
If you are flying, you will meet the SuperShuttle at the airport outside of baggage claim. A staff member will meet you at the apartments (during your scheduled time only) to assist with move-in.
If you are arriving on a bus or train you will be accessing a taxi. Information on local transportation can be found under Student Resources in Current Student resources. A staff member will meet you at the apartments (during your scheduled time only) to assist with move-ins.
If for some reason you miss a flight, your car breaks down, and new arrangements must be made, you must contact the housing manager at 952.854.7161 or the designated number given to you in your housing survey to make new arrangements.
Students moving into the student housing will receive a move-in checklist and must be signed and submitted back to the housing manager. The move-in checklist is for the protection of your security deposit when you are going to move-out. Your housing area must be in the same move-in condition when you move-out as when you moved in. Upon the time of move-out you will need to complete a cleaning checklist. If the apartment is left in a clean and move-in ready condition, the full security deposit will be returned. If the apartment is not in move-in ready condition, and you choose to not clean the apartment, a portion, or all of your security deposit may not be returned.
The Travel Academy is located approximately 2.5 miles from the student housing.
3140 Neil Armstrong Blvd. Suite 220
Eagan, MN 55121
3515 Federal Dr.
Eagan, MN 55122
3005 Eagandale Pl.
St. Paul, MN 55121
Other Information and Helpful Links
- Students who accept job offers and move out of the student apartments before graduation will not be refunded the unused portion of housing.
- Students will be greeted at the apartments during their scheduled arrival time. Students will also be transported to and from school on a daily basis, accompanied to a grocery store once per week (typically on Wednesdays after class). Please be aware the first grocery run will be on Wednesday during your first week of class. Shopping is a 10 minute walk from the apartments to get items needed until the grocery run. Any additional transportation will be at the students expense via bus or taxi. Time for transportation is pre-determined by The Travel Academy. Upon graduation, students are responsible for their own transportation.
- Transportation to class is provided during scheduled arrival and departure times only. If you are not available during these scheduled arrival and departure times, it is your responsibility to get to school or back to the student housing.
- Classes are limited to 24 students.
Metro Wide Taxi- 651.497.4599
Gold & Green Taxi and Limo- Minneapolis- 612.871.8888 | Eagan- 651.452.9000
* All students staying in the student housing are subject to a background check through the apartment complex of Royal Oaks. Individuals with felonies are not eligible to stay in the student housing or attend school at The Travel Academy.
* Students can be removed from class and student housing for any reason at any time. If the student is residing in the student apartments and it is determined that the student will be removed from class, student will have one hour to pack and vacate the grounds. If the student returns upon removal of the apartments, students can be arrested for trespassing.