Career Development Tips
Things to prepare before coming to class
- Start gathering ALL previous addresses within the last 10 years.
- Start gathering ALL criminal history in your lifetime including parking tickets with date and location of offense.- You can request your driving record from your local DMV.
- Start gathering ALL addresses and phone numbers to any school you have attended in the last 10 years.
- Start gathering information regarding ALL jobs you have held in the past 10 years including start and end dates, addresses, phone numbers, salary, supervisors name. Please gather as much info as possible. You can request info from the IRS here! Just call the IRS and ask for your personal w2's. It usually takes 5-7 days to receive.
It is easier to get jobs WITH a drivers license so if you are trying to decide if you should or shouldn't, employers like to see that you have the means to get to work whether you live or don't live in a big city with great public transportation. Also some companies require you to have a license so don't limit yourself.
Documents to bring with you to class
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Passport Book
- Driver's license/ State ID
- High School Transcripts
- High School Diploma
***These tips are not required but if you have them at least started before you arrive for class, we will be able to start working with you in your job search much sooner!!