***THE LIMIT FOR THE MINNESOTA SELF LOAN HAS DECREASED TO $3500.
OUR JUNE 20TH, 2016 CLASS WILL QUALIFY FOR THE $7500 LIMIT.
CLASSES AFTER JUNE 20TH WILL QUALIFY FOR UP TO $3500.***
The Minnesota SELF Loan is a low-interest student loan available to students with a credit-worthy cosigner. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MINNESOTA RESIDENT TO APPLY FOR THIS LOAN. Please follow the steps below to get started.
1. Speak to one of our Admissions Representatives to enroll- or enroll online.
2. Review the tutorial by clicking on the picture below.
3. Before applying for the SELF Loan, you MUST call our Financial Aid Administrator at 651-242-5326 for a counseling session.
IMPORTANT- The MN SELF Loan REQUIRES a credit-worthy co-signer.
Your co-signer must be:
• A U.S. citizen or permanent resident 24 years of age or older, or 18 years if a sibling (i.e., a brother or sister) of the borrower.
• Someone with an address in the United States, who has no credit bureau balances discharged through bankruptcy, no garnishments, attachments, foreclosures, repossessions, or suits.
• Someone with no more than $300 combined total in unsatisfied credit or unsatisfied payment obligations.
• Someone with no more than 5 percent of credit bureau balances past due.
If your co-signer is unsure of his or her credit, please have him or her submit for a free credit report. (Choose TransUnion credit report.)
PLEASE NOTE- USE ONLY A DESKTOP/LAPTOP COMPUTER ON INTERNET EXPLORER 7.0 OR HIGHER TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE SELF LOAN APPLICATION!