Online Travel Agent and Flight Attendant Courses
The Travel Academy offers a convenient Virtual Classroom for students in the 120-Hour Overview Course. Virtual students observe and participate in class from their home or office. Students are able to interact with their instructors and colleagues in real time using web-based technology. In addition, all coursework and exams are delivered via the Internet. The Virtual Classroom is a perfect option for people who have the time and drive to study but cannot physically attend The Travel Academy.
Virtual Classroom Procedure
The Travel Academy uses GoToMeeting to administer its Virtual Classroom. Please review the following procedure to make sure your attendance is reliable, uninterrupted, and- most importantly- enjoyable:
- Make sure your computer, headset, webcam, and internet connection are all set up to our technical requirements.
- About 15 minutes before each class you will receive an email from your instructor inviting you to the day’s meeting.* Click on the provided link to join.
- Make sure your audio option is always set to "Mic & Speakers".
- Enjoy the day's lesson.
* The first day or two of the session you will receive an email 30 minutes before class begins to ensure connection without technical difficulties.
The Travel Academy looks forward to your presence in its Virtual Classroom and anticipates an excellent experience for everyone involved. However, the use of technology can sometimes get complicated. Please review the following information to ensure you get the most out of your Virtual Classroom at The Travel Academy.
In order to effectively participate in class, you must have:
- A Windows or Mac Computer
- Internet Connection (Minimum download speed - 7mbps/upload speed 2mbps)*
test your internet speed here (Click Begin Test)
- A USB headset with microphone
- A Webcam
For a more detailed list of technical requirements, please visit GoToMeeting's system requirements.
There is a one-time NON-REFUNDABLE $300 computer set-up fee for our Virtual Classroom. This fee covers SABRE, other training software, and computer service.
* These numbers differ from GoToMeeting’s requirements. They are based off The Travel Academy’s experience with virtual classes.
Getting the most out of your virtual classroom
We want your Virtual Classroom experience to be the best it can be.
- Create a place in your home or office with no interruptions. Plan your day so that voices from children, family, ringing phones, or business matters don't distract you, the instructors, or other students.
- Have your daily materials available at the beginning of each class.
- Focus. The quality of your education depends on your level of concentration
Virtual Classroom Disclaimers
Class Format- The Travel Academy will always do its best to ensure the most complete learning experience for all virtual students. However, due to the nature of the program, there may be times when it is not possible to participate fully with the class. These instances include, but are not limited to:
- Field trips
- Hands-on Training
- Some Guest Speakers
Technical- Internet connection to The Travel Academy's servers depends on varying factors beyond the control of The Travel Academy. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Available bandwidth
- Interruptions caused by Internet carriers or third parties
- Overall computer condition
- Programs that may interfere with training software installed on your computer
- User error and equipment failure
- Malware, viruses, spam, or phishing attacks
- Illegal activities or acts of war
In the event that a reliable connection to The Travel Academy’s servers is unable to be established, your attendance will be put on hold until the technical issue is resolved. If the issue cannot be resolved, refunds will be issued in accordance to The Travel Academy's refund policy.