- All utilities included in weekly rent.
- Washer/dryer in unit.
- Fully furnished two bedroom apartments including all dishes, bed spread, pillows, furniture, full size appliances, complimentary cable tv, wireless access in apartment, etc.
- Food, laundry & cleaning supplies are not provided. We recommend bringing a single set of sheets, pillow case and bath towel.
- Housing is located approximately 3 miles from the school.
- Students will also be transported to and from school on a daily basis, accompanied to a grocery store once per week (typically on Wednesdays after class). Any additional transportation will be at the students expense via bus or taxi. Time for transportation is pre-determined by The Travel Academy.
- Housing is located at Royal Oaks Apartments in Eagan- surrounded by a lot of shopping!
- All students staying in the student housing are subject to a background check through the apartment complex of Royal Oaks. Individuals with felonies are not eligible to stay in the student housing or attend school at The Travel Academy.
- View housing policies.
- You may check/move in to your apartment during WEDNESDAY-SATURDAY BETWEEN 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM ONLY (the week before class starts).
- If you are unable to check/move in during the listed times, you will need to make hotel arrangements and schedule a meeting time with the housing manager. Click here for hotels in Eagan.
- If flying: Bag fees apply for most airlines. For baggage fees, visit the airlines website you purchased your ticket from, the housing manager will meet you at the apartments during your scheduled arrival time. You will access SuperShuttle, at the airport, for transportation to the student apartments.
- If driving: The housing manager will meet you at the apartment building where you will be staying. Please call when you are 15-20 minutes away to receive the building number. The leasing office is located at: 3515 Federal Dr. Eagan, MN. 55122 and will not be able to assist you with move/check in.
- Transportation to the airport after graduation is not provided and is the students' responsibility.
- You will be contacted by phone approximately two weeks prior to the start of class. A housing survey will be sent via email to you. You must complete the housing survey to confirm travel arrangements and housing preferences. We will make every effort to accommodate house preferences, however, we cannot make guarantees. All housing preferences is on a first come, first serve basis. We encourage you to complete the survey as soon as you receive it. The housing manager will respond to the housing survey to confirm travel arrangements.
- While staying at the student housing, all mail must be sent to the school's location:
Att: Name of Receiver
The Travel Academy
3140 Neil Armstrong Blvd #220
Eagan, MN. 55121
Preparing for Class
- If you have a laptop, feel free to bring it. Wireless access is available in the student housing as well as the school. Students are welcome to stay after class until 5:00 PM to work on assignments.
- Professional dress attire is required for professional appearance checks, mock open house interviews, guest speakers, interviews, and more. It is very important to know how to dress to impress. Suits, dress shirts, make up, dress shoes, and hoisery are required.
- All tattoos must be covered when wearing professional dress attire. Many airlines require tattoos not be visible during the interview and during your employment. Many airlines vary in their requirements for covering or having tattoos.
- On days not requiring professional attire, business casual attire (no jeans, dress pants recommended) is required. Casual days are granted by your instructors (dressy jeans are acceptable).
- Study the study guide and know the US airport codes and know the location of the states.
- When applying for jobs it is essential to have your information accessible, especially when you get an interview. Bring your passport, drivers license, birth certificate, and social security card with you. These items are not required to attend The Travel Academy however, will assist you when applying for positions. If you do not currently have a passport, you can start the process by clicking here.
Data Storage Policy
At The Travel Academy you will be creating, editing, storing, and sending many documents (résumés, cover letters, etc.). Due to network security, unfortunately we cannot allow outside storage devices such as USB drives (sometimes referred to as jump or flash drives) to be used.
However, luckily there is a solution: Google Drive- an excellent way to create, edit, store, and send documents. At the moment, you don’t need to do anything other than create a Google account- and if you are already a Gmail user, you’re all set! But if you’re not, click here and follow Google’s simple instructions.
Once in class, you will be taught how to effectively use this tool- but for now all we need you to do is create an account. Be sure you write down your login information.