Skip to content

International Travel Agents 

There are International Travel Agents (Consultants), for both business and leisure travelers; they make travel arrangements: airline, car, hotel, cruises, tours and sight seeing trips for people to travel outside of the US to any where in the world. Unless you have traveled extensively abroad, you will most likely start out making domestic travel arrangements (travel within the US), then progress to an International Travel Agent (Consultant).

International travel agents are required to understand the rules and regulations, and in many cases, apply and process Passports and Visas. This information is readily available in the Computer Reservation System, (CRS), Sabre, which you will learn hands on in class. Sabre is a travel reservation system that connects the travel industry worldwide. Sabre allows you to make reservations for airline tickets, car rentals, hotels, cruises, tours and sight seeing trips Worldwide! In addition Sabre has general information for all cities and areas around the world along with required vaccines, customs, weather, sight seeing and other general information.

Back to Travel Industry Careers Page

Contact The Travel Academy to start your international travel agent training today!

Enroll Today *There is a $200.00 enrollment fee credited to your tuition